Building from Scratch
Venting about the struggle between this new piece and I helped clear my head yesterday. So did a good night's sleep. I got to the studio emotionally prepared to paint over the entire canvas. And so I did.
I used foam rollers and lots of white to cover areas that were too dark and before I knew it, there was a layer of white covering the entire canvas. I decided to turn to my beloved Prussian Blue for comfort and I can assure you: it never disappoints. This time, my approach was a little different. I ignored the sense of urgency and restlessness that was creeping up and just went slow and steady. End result: a LOT better than the day before. I'm still to see and photograph the piece in day light to get a better idea about color and I think I have to work on the focal area a little more but overall, when I photoshopped the piece into the lobby rendering, it fit quite well. Here are the shots
The colors are more true to the image on the left which was taken in daylight just before I added the orange and peach tones. The ugly and mucky area in the top right corner of the image on the right is of the glare from the light in the room. I"ll post better images tomorrow. Below are images of the rendering with the work
Leave a Reply.